DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com

Despite moving to San Diego for almost six months, I still haven’t explored much of what the city has to offer. For one, there never seems to be enough time to go anywhere far. For another, transportation fees add up pretty quickly. With President’s Day weekend around the corner, however, I knew I had to take advantage of it and decided to travel Downtown with my friends. 

Our first stop was Snooze AM Eatery. According my local friend, it is an awesome brunch place since they have an extensive menu (in a good way) and the prices are reasonable. We arrived at around 10:30 am, but there was already train of hungry people waiting outside. If you want to bring your family or friends here, I believe you can waitlist through yelp, which definitely is a better option since it saves a lot of time. But since we didn’t waitlist beforehand, we had to wait roughly 2 hours. Luckily, Urban Outfitters was next door, so we shopped inside for a while before leaving to walk around the area. It’s mostly thrift stores and restaurants/bars, but there are also small boutiques. I really liked the vibe there since everything looked very retro.

After the long waiting game, we were finally seated inside Snooze AM Eatery. The restaurant is ginormous, and the ceilings are very high. The waiter that helped us was extremely nice and seemed bright. We all ordered the Snooze Classic, which comes with hash brown and your choice of meat, eggs, and toast. I decided to go with sausage links, English muffins, and poached eggs, while my friends went with white toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs/sunny side up. The food is definitely delicious, but I felt like it wasn’t worth the 2 hour wait. I guess if I come again, I would for sure make a reservation in advance. 

DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com

DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com

Next stop was Seaport Village. We didn’t do much since it’s mostly restaurants and boutiques, but we did visit the Unconditional Surrender statue, which I’ve been wanting to visit for while now. Since it's a San Diego landmark, there were many tourists trying to snap a picture. We had to weave through people and wait for an empty slot to take our picture haha… it was hectic. There is a port that you walk on and see the ocean view. I recommend going there since the view is gorgeous and I liked how the wind blew against me (though it was freezing cold).

DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com

Before we knew it, it was already four in the afternoon, so we took the trolley (located a street from Seaport Village) to our last stop of the day, Little Italy. There, we went to Cafe Gratitude, a vegan cafe/restaurant, that we found on yelp. Since none of us dined there before, we didn’t know what they had and ended up ordering two to-go smoothies after we were seated. I got the Grace smoothie (coconut meat, almond butter, dates, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon), while one of my friends got Illuminated (orange juice, goji berries, pineapple, coconut, banana, Infinity-C powder, citrus bliss essential oil). We both thought they were bomb, but way too expensive. 

We called an uber to go home afterwards since we were all tired from walking. I’m not sure about my friends, but I knocked out on the ride back. My feet were sore, and even while I’m typing this (the next day), I can still feel the burn! 

DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com
DAY IN DOWNTOWN: DENIM ON DENIM | aesteblanc.blogspot.com

xoxo Ariel


OUTFIT DETAILS
Superdry military windbreaker
Levi denim jacket
Blue jeans
Adidas sneakers (styled SATURDAY AT PACIFIC BEACH)


Photographer: Cami

2 comments

  1. Fantastic post, I like your photos and sneakers :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete

Contact

© AESTE BLANC
Design by The Basic Page